During the week the graves of priests buried beside Kilmovee Parish Church were cleaned, re-lettered and re-chipped. It seems an appropriate time to remember these men, and other priests who ministered in the parish and are now gone to their Eternal Reward.
It might be a good time to recall their names, alongside a prayer:
- Monsignor O’Hara, R.I.P. (1924)
- Canon Martin Henry, R.I.P. (1939)
- Canon W.E. Flynn, R.I.P. (1943)
- Canon Felix Burke, R.I.P. (1951)
- Fr Tom Lynch, R.I.P. (1993)
and our parish native:
- Fr Tom Freyne, R.I.P. (2013)
There are some former priests of the parish buried within the church who died in the late 1800’s:
- Fr T. Mullaney, R.I.P.
- Archdeacon Coghlan, R.I.P.
- Fr J. Barrett, R.I.P.
We pray for these priests and for all priests who ministered in the parish and are buried elsewhere. May God who begun the good work in them.
The work was done by Robert Duffy of www.creativestone.ie